Protecting the Environment Statement
Environmentally-Friendly Grow Bulbs
At EYE HORTILUX®, we’re all about making grow lights that are eco-friendly. We take the environment into consideration for every step of our lamps’ lives, from fabrication to eventual disposal.
Industrial recycling is an essential component of our manufacturing process. At our production facility in Ohio, we routinely recycle thousands upon thousands of pounds of manufacturing waste material and office materials.
The day-to-day operations of an HID (High Intensity Discharge) lamp manufacturer generate a lot of waste, but we’re committed to recycling everything possible.
We recycle many materials, including:
- Arcs: Metal Halide arc tube quartz, HPS arc tube PCA
- Wire: nickel, tungsten, niobium, molybdenum
- Metal components: Nickel-plated, stainless steel, zirconium aluminum-plated
- Paper: office paper, newspaper, magazines, glossy stock, cardboard
- Plastic: plastic trays, shrink wrap, acrylic and polyethylene bottles
Some types of lamps contain hazardous materials which require specific disposal methods. EYE HORTILUX™ environmentally-friendly lamps are Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-compliant as non-hazardous waste. They are completely lead-free and contain less mercury than standard High Pressure Sodium (HPS) lamps.
State and federal laws govern safe disposal for lamps. Check out LampRecycle for information on how to recycle your light bulbs.